By Phil Russo, FCPA, FCGA, C.Mgr., P.Mgr., FICIA, O.M.C.
President, CIM Toronto Branch
The Canadian Institute of Management (CIM) is Canada's senior management association. As a non-profit organization, the Institute was established in 1942 and is dedicated to enhancing managerial skills and professional development. Currently, there are 16 chapters coast-to-coast.
Since its inception, the Institute has helped thousands of managers to develop a broadly based education in management skills with a rich and diversified series of programs from individual courses to professional designation.
The Institute's programs are available through many educational institutions in cities across Canada. The programs are also available in a variety of forms and structures:
- National accredited study programs offered through universities and colleges
- International recognition of individual achievement
- Contact with practicing management professionals
- Local branch activities and services including workshops and seminars
- Self-study programs for maximum flexibility
For over 70 years the Canadian Institute of Management has advanced careers and contributed to the field of management knowledge amidst changing times.
The Canadian Institute of Management is committed to leadership in promoting management professionalism, efficiency, effectiveness and excellence in individuals and organizations.
In addition to the fellowship, social and professional networking opportunities the Canadian Institute of Management offers learning programs leading to professional designations and certificates.
Over the years, many thousands of individuals from business, government, and a wide variety of industries have enhanced their careers by meeting the academic requirements to attain the CIM professional management designations:
- Certified in Management (C.I.M.) Please click here for more information.
- Professional Manager (P. Mgr.) The P.Mgr. designation denotes an academic and practical Canadian experience background which will permit businesses to look at the holders of this designation with confidence as to their management skills. Please click here for more information.
- Chartered Manager (C.Mgr.) Chartered Manager is CIM’s senior qualification and chartered professional designation. It provides validation to outstanding adherence to the theory and practice of ethical management and the ongoing development of new methods in the management arts and sciences that focus on sustainability and leadership. It goes beyond academic qualification and provides clients with a benchmark of professionalism and ethical behaviour in business. Please click here for more information.
What can CIM do for you?
- Build career excellence with transferable knowledge, skills and competencies
- Provide a general management specific education and designation
- Participation in social activities and networking opportunities
- Increase your employment potential with enhanced management skills
- Opportunities for life-long learning and several other benefits
For more information, please visit www.cim.ca
Please continuously refer to the Toronto Branch website for upcoming Toronto branch events and news.